Wednesday 6 January 2010

"Time for a first post!"

And a rushed first post at that. There are so many things I want to put in this blog - ideas, thoughts, inspiration. I want to make a magpie's nest of pretty things that I come across and I'm anxious to get them all in before I forget. The making of this blog is long overdue and I am a very disorganised individual who forgot to make a list. So, without further ado, my first find...



Kathryn Spence

Her dusty scrap fabric animals are enchanting. Like me, she has a fondness for nature and conservation and birds in particular, so I feel a certain identification with her. I am particularly fond of her owls. What characters!

Currently, I am busily revising between sips of hot tea and trips to stoke the wood burning stove next door. Like many fellow Britons, I am thoroughly snowed in at the moment. The local council have closed my college due to it as of yesterday, which of course I don't mind. Only next week I have exams and I am busy putting pen to paper for them.

Snow is my favourite weather - I can hear children and adults alike playing in it outside. For a while we can forget our responsibilities for the task of making angels and putting scarves and hats on our snowmen.

No comments:

Post a Comment